- 25 years - Luxury & Fashion industry experience (1979-2004)
Denis worked 25 years in the Luxury & Fashion Industry from 1979 to 2004 and was COO of Ralph Lauren (Europe), CEO of Couture House Pierre Balmain, CFO of Children Worldwide Fashion (leader in Luxury children wear with Burberry, Kenzo, Donna Karan, Timberland, Elle licenses) and CEO of Giorgio Armani France/Belgium
From 1993 to 1999, he was President and CEO of Group Sac, the 2nd largest shoes group in France and developed in-house and licensed shoes brands (Kenzo, Givenchy, Morgan, Elle, Naf Naf, Disney, Elite) in Europe, Japan, HK & China.
- 14 years - Teaching, Educational & Consulting Experience (2004-2018)
In 2004, Denis started an academic/consulting career & joined Essec Business School as luxury marketing faculty, teaching in Essec MBA, Masters & EMBA programs.
Since 2011, Denis shares his time between France, China and Singapore, teaching in both Essec Singapore and Paris campuses.
Denis is also a visiting professor in several Asian universities: Peking University - Guanghua business School and BIMBA, China University of Political Sciences and Law (CUPL), Shanghai Fudan School of Management MBA & EMBA. He is a visiting professor in the School of Hotel and Tourism Industry (SHTM) of HK Polytechnic University, in Keio business School in Tokyo (EMBA program)
Denis also develops internal training workshops for luxury groups in China/HK such as LVMH. He is also delivering consulting & training workshops in Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou to local Chinese brands & retailers in the field of fashion, beauty, jewelry.
In the Luxury Hotel and tourism sector, Denis is also collaborating with TAT in Thailand and delivers regularly workshops in Bangkok on luxury hotel brand management, luxury service, luxury guest experience and luxury destination marketing to independent luxury hotel and resorts owners and general managers in Thailand.
Denis also developed internal training programs for different luxury hotel brands (Taj Luxury hotels, Hilton Luxury hotels (Conrad and Waldorf Astoria) in Dubai, Peninsula.
Main courses delivered and topics of expertise
- Brand management & luxury brand management
- Luxury Service management in the digital age
- International distribution strategies
- Luxury Hotel Brand Management
- Luxury fashion retail management in the digital age
- Luxury guest experience & luxury selling skills
- The art of collaborations in product and services industries
- Recent Publications
- Collaborations between “traditional luxury brands and fashion designers” and the “luxury hotel and tourism industry? – Published in Essec Knowledge (2013)
- Decoding the evolution of the luxury hospitality sector through the prism of traditional luxury brands management – Published in Hotel Year-book 2014
- Burberry case study (Revised in Feb 2014) – Published in Essec knowledge and in Chinese in Tsinghua Business review in 2014
- Decoding the concept of heritage in the luxury industry - Published in Chinese in Tsinghua Business review 2014
- Understanding travel retail and grey market trends for the luxury industry- Published in Essec knowledge in September 2015
- How luxury brands navigate digital disruptions - Published in Essec knowledge in December 2015
Book in preparation: The importance of brand collaborations in product and services industries - collaborations 360°