Visa & Immigration

According to China's law, all the international students who plan to study in China are required to hold a valid students visa (X1 or X2 visa) to enter China. Those who will stay in China for more than 180 days, need to get a Student Resident Permit within 30 days after they arrive in China. Failure to get visa and residence permit may incur serious legal actions against the passport holder such as fine, termination of study or deportation.

X1 Visa is issued to those who intend to study in China for a period of more than 180 days.

X2 Visa is issued to those who intend to study in China for a period of no more than 180 days.

It is highly recommended that International students enter China two or three days before the registration date. Fudan University only provides residence permit service for students who finish registration procedure on time.

Student Residence Permit

If you hold an X1-Visa, which is normally valid for 30 days and allows one entry, you need to complete the application for the Student Residence Permit within 30 days with ISO’s assistance.

Students with a residence permit can enter and leave the country as often as they wish within the period of validity without having to apply for another visa.

If you hold X2-Visa and the validity of your X2 visa if longer than your study period here, you can keep your X2 visa with no need to change it. If you wish to stay in China for more than six months, however, you will have to apply for the residence permit.

It is important to inform both MBA Office and University International Student Office (ISO) at your earliest convenience upon your arrival. The MBA Office together with the ISO will assist you with necessary procedures for the Student Residence Permit application before your visa/residence permit expires.

For more information, please contact international students office

©2020 Fudan University. All Rights Reserved